The Activ Learning and Discovery Centre (ALDC) is a unique service that connects people living with disability, their families, carers, therapists and educators with resources and support. The ALDC gives you access to information services through a large collection of specialist books and play-based resources.
The ALDC is located on 71 Jarrah Road in East Victoria Park, and is open Wednesday to Friday, 9.30am - 3.00pm.
Professional advice and access to play based resources will be available from 9.30am - 12.30pm.
The centre is also open on the 1st Saturday of each month from 10.00am - 1.00pm.
Future changes to the service
To learn more about the upcoming changes to the ALDC, click on the links below.
Information for members
Click here to download a copy of our fees.
We are a knowledge centre for disability information & play based resources
Activ Library is a major library for disability related information in Western Australia.
Everyone is welcome – parents, families, carers, people with a disability and teachers and staff working in the disability field.
- We have more than 8000 items including books, DVDs, training materials, journals and selected websites.
- Our collection has a strong focus on intellectual disability and autism, as well as other disabilities, developmental delay and learning difficulties.
We are a meeting place
Spacious and light, with great facilities, the ALDC is an ideal place to hold parent get-togethers, meetings and disability related events. Our facilities include:
Trained staff to assist
- Computer and internet access, including free WiFi & access to Ebsco scientific databases
- Computers with optional features to aid accessibility
- Photocopying, printing and laminating facilities
- Software to aid communication, including Boardmaker
- Comfortable seating and informal meeting areas
- Coffee making facilities
- Audio visual resource viewing area
- Formal meeting rooms
ALDC Facebook Page
ALDC is on Facebook! 'Like' our page to keep up to date with new resources, events and more.