The Activ Learning and Discovery Centre (ALDC) is a unique service that connects people living with disability, their families, carers, therapists and educators with resources and support. The ALDC gives you access to information services through a large collection of specialist books and play-based resources.
The ALDC is located on 71 Jarrah Road in East Victoria Park, and is open Wednesday to Friday, 9.30am - 3.00pm.
Professional advice and access to play based resources will be available from 9.30am - 12.30pm.
The centre is also open on the 1st Saturday of each month from 10.00am - 1.00pm.
Future changes to the service
To learn more about the upcoming changes to the ALDC, click on the links below.
Information for members
EOI information for interested providers (closes 30 August 2019)
Click here to download a copy of our fees.
We are a knowledge centre for disability information & play based resources
Activ Library is a major library for disability related information in Western Australia.
Everyone is welcome – parents, families, carers, people with a disability and teachers and staff working in the disability field.
- We have more than 8000 items including books, DVDs, training materials, journals and selected websites.
- Our collection has a strong focus on intellectual disability and autism, as well as other disabilities, developmental delay and learning difficulties.
We are a meeting place
Spacious and light, with great facilities, the ALDC is an ideal place to hold parent get-togethers, meetings and disability related events. Our facilities include:
Trained staff to assist
- Computer and internet access, including free WiFi & access to Ebsco scientific databases
- Computers with optional features to aid accessibility
- Photocopying, printing and laminating facilities
- Software to aid communication, including Boardmaker
- Comfortable seating and informal meeting areas
- Coffee making facilities
- Audio visual resource viewing area
- Formal meeting rooms
ALDC Facebook Page
ALDC is on Facebook! 'Like' our page to keep up to date with new resources, events and more.