Activ operates sustainable businesses that employ people with disability in a supported work environment. This support is reflected in the:
- Type of work that we conduct. We ensure work is appropriate to the skills and abilities of our workforce to provide meaningful engagement.
- Training, supervision and assistance provided to each worker to develop their skills.
- Modifications made to the task and work environment to promote independence.
- Structure of the work day to match individual needs.
- Matching of employee to task to promote productivity and job satisfaction.
Activ are the largest Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE) in Western Australia and are the employer of choice for people with disability. We provide flexible employment opportunities across the Perth Metropolitan area and regionally in Bunbury, Busselton, Albany, Geraldton and Kalgoorlie.
Our employees have the opportunity to be part of a commercial operation and develop skills in such diverse areas as timber manufacturing, property care, e-waste recycling, industrial services and administration.
Our supported employment is also a great starting point for individuals living with disability that are interested in moving onto open employment but have had difficulty obtaining or sustaining mainstream employment previously. Through our employment service, individuals can develop their work place skills in relation to tasks, conduct, performance and safety as well as developing better social skills in a commercial environment.
To apply to work at Activ Business Services contact the employment services team