Skills and knowledge required to help support a person with diabetes to implement their diabetes management plan (Type 1, 2 & Gestational).
This is training has an emphasis on understanding, awareness, and skills to safely assist people who have diabetes.
- explanation of diabetes and its implications
- signs, symptoms and complications of diabetes
- identifying and responding to hypoglycemic episodes
- monitoring and recording blood glucose
- administering medication
- duty of care and person-centered practice
- scope of worker role
- hygiene and infection control.
Enquire now about our courses
Enrol in Diabetes Awareness with Activ Pathways today!
Contact Us via our enquiry form, or phone us on 08 9387 0555
RTO No: 51960