Skills and knowledge required to help support a person with diabetes to implement their diabetes management plan (Type 1, 2 & Gestational).
This is training has an emphasis on understanding, awareness, and skills to safely assist people who have diabetes.
- explanation of diabetes and its implications
- signs, symptoms and complications of diabetes
- identifying and responding to hypoglycemic episodes
- monitoring and recording blood glucose
- administering medication
- duty of care and person-centered practice
- scope of worker role
- hygiene and infection control.
Enquire now about our courses
Enrol in Diabetes Awareness with Activ Pathways today!
RTO No: 51960