Activ is committed to:
Compliance with Australian Privacy Law including the Privacy Act 1988, and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and its associated Australian Privacy Principles.
Managing Personal and Sensitive information in an open and transparent manner.
Implementing procedures and systems to ensure compliance with privacy legislation and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Activ will promote tolerance and respect for each Customer’s personal needs and circumstances. These obligations relate not just to the legal requirements for privacy, but more fundamentally to the values demonstrated by Activ in interacting and communicating with Customers.
Policy Statements on the collection, management and use of personal and sensitive information.
What Information is Collected and Held
Activ is committed to collecting and holding only relevant personal and sensitive information that:
- Directly relates to the primary purpose of providing services to people with disability (our Customers); or
- Directly relates to the primary purposes of managing Volunteers and Members.
Personal information means information that identifies you or could identify you. Personal Information which Activ may collect includes:
- Name and address;
- Date of birth;
- Bank account details;
- Photos or videos; or
- Where you work.
Sensitive Information which may be collected includes:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinions;
- Membership of a political association;
- Religious beliefs or affiliations;
- Philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional or trade association/union;
- Sexual preferences or practices;
- Criminal record; or
- Health information.
Collection of Information
Personal information about individuals is usually collected directly from them, or their authorised representative. We sometimes collect information from a third party, but only if the individual has consented to it or would reasonably expect that we would collect their personal information in this way.
Retention of Information
Activ holds personal and sensitive information in:
- Corporate files, including Customer files;
- Electronic documents held on Activ’s network drives; and
- In electronic databases, including Activ’s Human Resource System and Customer Management System.
Access to all personal and sensitive information is secured through the use of physical security, for example by locking corporate files in a filing cabinet, or by the use of secured network drives and controlled access to computer systems.
Use and Disclosure
Activ uses personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected – purposes which directly relate to one of our functions or activities. These activities are:
- Providing services to people who live with disability;
- Managing our Volunteers; and
- Managing our Members.
Activ does not release personal or sensitive information about an individual to an external party unless one of the following applies:
- The individual has consented;
- The individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to a third party;
- It is required by law;
- It will prevent or lesson a serious and imminent threat to someone’shealth or life; or
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a criminal law or law involving a pecuniary penalty.
Accuracy and Security
Activ takes all reasonable steps to:
- Ensure that the personal and sensitive information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date; and
- Protect the personal and sensitive information it holds from loss; unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure; and against other misuse.
Activ does not permit disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients (other than responsible family members), nor does it allow storage of personal data on overseas servers, including cloud storage and social media.
When your personal or sensitive information is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner, in accordance with Activ’s Records Retention and Disposal Authority.
Accessing and Requesting Correction of Information
You may access the personal information that Activ holds about you.
You may request that Activ correct the personal information it holds about you.
Activ’s Privacy Statement
Activ respects and values the privacy of all information we handle about our Customers, Members and Volunteers. We comply with the Commonwealth’s Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and its Australian Privacy Principles.
We collect and securely store personal and sensitive information for the primary purposes of providing services for people living with disability including enabling us to meet our duty of care obligations, managing our Volunteers, maintaining records of our Members and undertaking recruitment.
Personal or sensitive information will only be used or disclosed for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for situations allowed under the permitted general or health situations outlined in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. These situations include instances where Activ is legally obliged to disclose information and where the health or safety of a Customer, Member, Volunteer or job applicant may necessitate it. Activ will seek and obtain prior consent for disclosure of personal or sensitive information for any other reason.
Personal and sensitive information we hold about you may be made available upon request. You will be required to provide proof of your identification prior to us providing access to it.