If you’re a current NDIS participant, then you will have an NDIS plan review meeting at some point in the future. These review meetings are really important for ensuring your next plan suits your needs and goals, but don’t worry, we’ve got some handy tips on what you can do to prepare for your plan review.
What is the purpose of an NDIS plan review?
An NDIS plan review meeting occurs before your current NDIS plan expires, which is usually after about 12 months. You don’t need to organise the meeting yourself, the NDIS will contact you near the end date of your plan and book in your meeting.
The purpose of this meeting is to review your NDIS plan and see whether any changes need to be made for your next plan. You can reflect on how your current plan has been working and think about whether your support services have been supporting you to reach your goals.
This meeting is important because it’s your opportunity to talk about your NDIS plan and make sure you’re receiving the right funding to access the services you need.
What will happen in the plan meeting?
An NDIS plan review meeting is similar to the first meeting you had when you first received an NDIS plan, and like that meeting, you can decide if you would prefer to have the meeting face-to-face or over the phone.
If you would feel more comfortable with a family member, Support Coordinator, advocate, or friend there to support you, then you can bring them along. At Activ, we know that navigating the NDIS can be tricky, so we’re happy to sit In on your plan review meeting to provide support.
The meeting will be carried out by an NDIS planner, or a Local Area Coordinator, who will discuss all your options and help you figure out the next steps.
What do I need to bring?
- Your NDIS plan document
- Your completed NDIS pre-planning guide
- Any health summary documents from your doctor
- Information about what supports you’ve had, and what new or altered supports you’ll need to reach your goals for the next year
- You can also take a decision maker to the meeting if you need to
Preparation tips for your review meeting
It’s Important that you prepare for your plan review meeting. If you’re prepared. you’ll be more likely to receive funding for the supports you need.
At Activ, we provide free NDIS pre-planning sessions. It doesn’t matter If you’re an Activ customer or not, our team of experts will help you to understand the NDIS so that In your plan review meeting, your goals are translated Into funding and services.
A great tool to help you prepare for your planning meeting Is our NDIS pre-planning guide. You can fill out the guide yourself or with one of our experts during a free NDIS pre-planning session. Once completed, you can take this guide to your planning meeting to share with your planner.
Below are our main tips for preparing for your review meeting:
- Make sure you keep track of when your NDIS plan is ending, so you have time to properly prepare for your plan review meeting
- You can ask Activ to help you plan for your review meeting
- Have your health summary from a health professional on-hand
- Think about what worked well and what didn’t work well in your current plan
- Reflect on whether you’ve made progress towards your goals
- Decide which goals you would like to keep, and if you would like to change any goals
- Can you think of anyone who can help you reach your goals?
- Decide whether you would like to change how your plan is managed – e.g) self-managed, plan-managed or NDIA-managed
Talk to an expert NDIS provider
If you’re still feeling a bit unsure about your NDIS plan review meeting, then you can always talk to one of the experts at Activ. NDIS providers like us are experienced and understanding, and we offer personalised supports to help you reach your goals.
To receive friendly and professional assistance when preparing for your review meeting, get in touch today.