The NDIS is designed to connect people with disability to the funding they need to access the support services that are right for them!
So, we’ve made it as easy as possible to find out if you’re eligible for NDIS funding so that you can get started on your journey to independence.
Check your eligibility to receive NDIS funding
The following criteria can help to tell you whether you qualify to receive funding from the NDIS:
- You are aged between 7 and 65.
- You live in Australia.
- You’re an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or Protected Special Category Visa holder.
- You have a disability caused by permanent impairment. It may be intellectual, cognitive, neurological, sensory, physical, or psychosocial.
- You usually need disability-specific supports to complete daily life activities.
You may also be eligible for NDIS funding if:
- You need immediate assistance that will help reduce your need for support in the future, or
- Your family needs support from an NDIS service provider in Perth to help build their skills to help you.
Information you need to provide
If you answered ‘Yes’ to most of the eligibility questions, you may be eligible to apply for NDIS funding.
When you apply for NDIS funding you may need to provide evidence that explains:
- What your disability is.
- How long your disability will last. You may be living with disability, or have short-term needs that, after some time, are able to be managed yourself.
- How it affects your everyday life.
You also may need to provide evidence from other people who can support your evidence. This information helps the NDIS to understand further how NDIS funding can be of benefit to you. This could be your doctor, or a regular medical professional that you visit, such as a physiotherapist or speech pathologist.
They will provide the NDIS with specific reports or assessments that detail your diagnosis, outline how this impacts your day-to-day life, and can suggest which services from NDIS service providers in WA will be most useful to you.
It’s important that these people have known you for at least six months, and that you’ve seen them recently, so they can provide an accurate and up-to-date description of your needs.
You can click here for a full list of evidence you may be asked to provide, that’s specific to your disability.
How to check your eligibility to receive NDIS funding
If you think you’re eligible to receive NDIS funding, but aren’t quite sure, the easiest way to find out is to give the NDIS a call on 1800 800 110. From there, if you are eligible. you can make a verbal application to apply for NDIS funding.
Alternatively, you can download and complete the NDIS Access Request Form on your computer, and email it or post it directly to the NDIS, along with the necessary supporting information.
Got an NDIS plan? We can help you get the most from your funding.
If you’re deemed eligible for NDIS funding, It’s important that you are prepared for your initial planning meeting so you know what to ask for to get the funding you need.
Our team of experts can help you prepare for your planning meeting or plan reassessment. We can help you understand the funding you need to achieve your goals through our free NDIS pre-planning session. So, when you’re ready to apply for an NDIS plan, or prepare for your plan reassessment, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team.
Click here to get your free NDIS pre-planning guide.