Feedback and Complaints

Learn about the different ways you can provide feedback or make a complaint.

How to make a complaint in Easy English

At Activ we are committed to:

  • providing services that meet and exceed customer expectations
  • encouraging our customers to let us know what we are doing well and how we can improve
  • listening to our customer feedback and complaints
  • investigating all complaints in a fair and timely manner
  • resolving complaints wherever we can, and improving our services as a result

As a customer, if something is not right for you, you are unhappy with your services, or you can recommend changes to our services or how we work, please tell us immediately. Our job is to understand and respond to your needs.

Any feedback or complaint raised is private, and is only shared with those who need to be involved. You can remain anonymous for us to investigate a complaint.

Every complaint made to Activ is investigated, and feedback is provided to you. When you submit a complaint or feedback, you will receive confirmation within two business days.

Ways to provide feedback or make a complaint

In person/verbally:
  • Speak to any staff member
  • Call our complaints team on 08 9387 0555
In writing:
  • Use a feedback form and box located at every Activ site
  • Email Activ –
  • Complete the feedback form or complaints form via our website. Click the buttons below to access the forms
  • Write a letter to Activ at PO Box 446, Wembley, WA, 6913

Watch the video to find out more about how to make a complaint at Activ. Video presented by Activ customers Sarah and Adam. Video script written by Sarah.

Advocacy support

You are welcome to have a support person or advocate assist you to raise a complaint or feedback and we can help you access independent advocacy support if you need to. Please let us know if you would like to engage an advocate or any other support, and if you have any preferred communication method so we can help arrange this for you.

Some advocacy providers include;

  • Developmental Disability WA (DDWA)
    DDWA provides support to people with developmental disabilities and their families to have a strong voice and seek change where needed.

  • Explorability
    Explorability provides individual advocacy for people with disability, their families and carers through Western Australia.

  • Kin Advocacy
    The peak advocacy organisation for people with disabilities from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds in WA.

  • Midlas
    A community agency based in Midland that provides financial counselling, advocacy, and a limited legal service to people throughout the North East Metro region of Perth.

  • Office of the Public Advocate (OPA)
    OPA provides information, advice and training on guardianship, administration, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Enduring Powers of Guardianship to protect vulnerable Western Australian adults.

  • People with disabilities WA (PWdWA)
    Provides non-legal advocacy to people with disabilities.

External agencies that can help

Sometimes there are limits to what we can do. If you feel our investigation findings and resolutions are unreasonable, you can raise a complaint externally with:

Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO)
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
Disability Royal Commission
Carers WA
  • Website:
    Carers WA is the peak body that represents the needs and interests of carers in Western Australia.
  • Website:
    SECCA supports people with disabilities to learn about human relationships, sexuality and sexual health.

Our Easy Read policies

For easy-to-read versions of important policies and documents click on the button below.

We look forward to speaking with you.