HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to prepare for and provide medication assistance, and complete medication documentation. It also involves supporting a client to self-administer medication.
This unit applies to community services and health workers with authority in their state or territory to assist with the administration of medication.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Includes one (1) unit of competency covering:
- Legislation, regulation framework, policy and procedures
- Providing assistance to a client with medication using Webster pack (dose administration aid)
- Roles and responsibilities
- Medication hazards
- Common terms and abbreviations
- Forms and effects of common medications
- Assessments include practical demonstration followed by explanation of the assessment that must be completed in the workplace as per unit requirements.
Enquire now about our courses
Enrol in HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication with Activ Pathways today!
Contact Us via our enquiry form, or phone us on 08 9387 0555
RTO No: 51960