HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise potentially hazardous manual tasks, and then to prepare for and complete those tasks in a safe manner.
This unit applies to all workers involved in manual handling tasks. The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice. The hazardous manual tasks code of practice applies to this work.
Includes one (1) unit of competency covering:
- Recognising risks and risk factors of manual tasks to self or others and how to determine the nature and extent of the risk.
- Prepare workplace layout and environment according to organisation procedures, tasks and workflow.
- Prepare loads for movement, taking account the use of correct personal protective equipment and specific requirements.
- Undertake manual tasks using appropriate posture and handling techniques to reduce muscle load on exertion including scheduling tasks according to procedures and personal capabilities.
- Select, adjust and use appropriate mechanical aids and handling devices according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Contribute to safe work practices using appropriate reporting processes in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Participate in workplace safety activities and contribute to the improvement of manual tasks and risk management approaches in reducing risks.
- Assessment include practical demonstration of skills that will be completed in the workplace or simulated environment as per unit requirements.
Enquire now about our courses
Enrol in HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely with Activ Pathways today!
RTO No: 51960