52840WA Certificate II in Introduction to Disability Care
The Introduction to Disability (pre-traineeship) is an opportunity for secondary school students to start
their career in the disability services sector whilst studying at school. Meaningful work experience with
local organisations will form an essential part of the pre-traineeship, ensuring students can make informed decision about their career pathway while gaining valuable hands-on experience in real workplaces. Students may then choose to progress to further studies in the many exciting areas of the community services sector or look to gain employment in a rewarding industry where they can support people living with disability towards independence, having a real impact.
Includes 6 units of competency, 2 core units and 4 elective units:
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people living with disability
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health & safety
- HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support*
*HLTAID010 must be obtained through an external training provider. Activ Pathways will schedule training via our third party provider OR students may access this training through their
school and supply us with their certified SOA before their final workplace practical day.
Enquire now about our courses
Enrol in 52840WA Certificate II in Introduction to Disability Care with Activ Pathways today!
RTO No: 51960