This program promotes safe manual handling, reducing workplace injuries and boosting compliance with safety regulations. You will benefit from improved workplace safety, reduced injury rates, and enhanced employee well-being with valuable knowledge on proper lifting techniques and ergonomic practices.
One (1) unit of competency which covers:
- Recognising risks and risk factors of manual tasks to self or others and how to determine the nature and extent of the risk.
- Prepare workplace layout and environment according to organisation procedures, tasks and workflow.
- Prepare loads for movement, taking account the use of correct personal protective equipment and specific requirements.
- Undertake manual tasks using appropriate posture and handling techniques to reduce muscle load on exertion including scheduling tasks according to procedures and personal capabilities.
- Select, adjust and use appropriate mechanical aids and handling devices according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Contribute to safe work practices using appropriate reporting processes in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Participate in workplace safety activities and contribute to the improvement of manual tasks and risk management approaches in reducing risks.
- Assessment include practical demonstration of skills that will be completed in the workplace or simulated environment as per unit requirements.
Group or individual pricing – contact us to discuss options available