Effective immediately please note the following measures announced by the Prime Minister and additional measures being implemented by Activ.
Today the Prime Minister has announced that:
- The Federal Government is advising Australians not to travel overseas, and says that advice will remain in place indefinitely
- Indoor gatherings of more than 100 people are banned but schools, universities, airports, public transport, medical and emergency services facilities, disability or aged care facilities, jails, courts, parliaments, supermarkets and many workplaces are exempt
- A human biosecurity emergency has been declared, giving the Federal Government extra powers to respond to the crisis
- There are new rules restricting visits to aged care homes
- Schools will remain open for the foreseeable future, based on the advice of health officials.
Activ Decisions to Comply with Government Directives
In order to protect the health and safety of our community, Activ will be implementing the following decisions, effective immediately.
- Staff (inclusive of school based trainees, university interns and volunteers), customers, family and/ or visitors returning from overseas or those who have been in close contact with someone who has travelled overseas must immediately isolate themselves for a 14-day period.
- All Activ extraordinary events (events that fall outside of business as usual) are to be postponed. Events such as workplace meetings, scheduled in-house training sessions and morning teas will continue whilst adhering to appropriate hygiene requirements.
- All Activ employment sites will remain open and will operate as normal.
- Restricted visitor access to all Activ sites. Only essential visitors for the purpose of conducting core business are permitted.
- Customers in supported accommodation will only be able to have two visitors at any one time.
- All permitted visitors, including visitors of customers in supported accommodation, are required to undergo a health-screening questionnaire. Failure to complete the questionnaire, or declaring overseas travel and contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases will mean the visitor is unable to enter our premises.
- Staff are encouraged to use video conference, phone or online alternatives to conduct meetings. If this is not possible, then face-to-face is ok, with appropriate adherence to hygiene requirements.
- External outings for customers will be limited. Attending events which exceed 500 people is prohibited as directed by the Department of Health.
We will continue to monitor government advice and will revise our policy decisions as new information becomes available.
For more coronavirus information and access to useful resources, visit our Coronavirus Hub.
If you have any queries or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org