Our Purpose, Vision and Values
At Activ, we imagine a future where people with disability have the same opportunities as everyone else, to live a life of their choice in their community.
As a for purpose organisation, our vision and values are at the centre of everything that we do.
To offer people with disability opportunities to enjoy full participation in their community, and to empower them to pursue the life they choose.
A sustainable organisation that supports the same opportunities for people living with disability as everyone else.
We put customers at the centre of everything we do. We nudge customers to take opportunities and make them count. We respect everyone’s rights and individuality. We empower customers to lead the way in their lives.
- Design options, create opportunities and decide with our customers… not for our customers
- Approach our roles with the customer at the centre… so we don’t limit their achievements
- Coach towards independence and growth goals… so we don’t restrict opportunities and choices
- Value everyone’s contribution to customers… so we don’t work in silos
We are always ready to hear. We will respectfully ask questions to understand you. We value and respect all forms of communication by listening beyond the words.
- Demonstrate listening beyond words… so we don’t dismiss opinions and ideas that are different to our own
- Communicate openly and honestly…so we don’t make judgements or assumptions
- Hold confidentiality… so we don’t break trust
- Value input from everyone… so we don’t dominate
Dare to Try
We are empowered to take bold steps forward. We believe everyone has unlimited potential. We have courage, freedom and resilience to stretch ourselves. We strive for better.
- Empower all to take informed risks… so we don’t fear change
- Have a growth mindset… so we don’t limit potential
- Demonstrate curiosity, exploration and experimentation…so we don’t see what didn’t go right as failure
- Celebrate growth… so we don’t take each step forward for granted
Deliver on Promises
We are accountable to ourselves and each other. We work together with integrity to achieve results. We are reliable and true to our word. We have clear expectations in our roles.
- Commit to doing what we say we’re going to do… so we don’t avoid responsibilities
- Work with transparency… so we don’t act dishonestly
- Respectfully hold our leaders, peers and ourselves to account… so we don’t blame others
- Create change in people’s lives… so we don’t lose sight of our purpose